Four Decorative Dots Visa Information

What type of visa do I need?

Most students who study at TIEP have an F-1 visa. The F-1 visa is for full-time academic study. To receive a student (F-1) visa, you must first obtain a Form I-20 from an educational institution approved by the Immigration and Naturalization Service.

How can I get an I-20? What is a letter of financial guarantee?

To apply for a student (F-1) visa, the United States government requires international students to obtain a Form I-20 from the prospective school. In order to receive an I-20 from TIEP, prospective students must complete a TIEP application form, sign it, and return it to our office with a non-refundable application fee of U.S. $95.00. Also required is a letter of financial guarantee from the financial institution of the person who will pay for the prospective student's study in the United States. This letter needs to state that the prospective student or the person paying for the student has sufficient funds to pay all expenses while the student is in the United States. After we receive the completed application form, the $95 application fee, a financial statement, and a copy of the information page of the passport, we will mail the I-20 to the student.

For more information on how to apply for a student visa, visit the following web sites:

Texas International Education Consortium Commission on English Language Program Accreditation (CEA) AAIEP - American Association of Intensive English Programs