Global Partnerships Development Internship
(Semester or Summer)
The Intern will provide support to TIEC’s Global Partnerships Unit (GPU), which involves researching and identifying funding and programmatic opportunities, making recommendations to the Business Development Unit (BDU) regarding relevant private and public funding opportunities, and researching international and domestic higher education institutions to promote TIEC’s membership offerings and curriculum services. Additionally, the Intern will assist with any other tasks and research required to support the GPU’s objectives. The Intern may also be assigned other tasks to support TIEC’s overall mission.
The Global Partnerships Unit (GPU) intern works under the direct guidance of the TIEC Director of Global Education and Impact, in close collaboration with the Global Partnerships Manager, and provides administrative, research and communications support for TIEC proposals, marketing and outreach efforts, as well as ongoing projects.
• Research public and private funding opportunities
• Conduct background research for proposals
• Assist with composing and editing proposals
• Assist with tracking leads and proposals
• Assist in developing promotional materials for TIEC website and outreach
Specific projects the student will assist with:
• Search Grants.gov and other databases for notice of funding proposals
• Conduct market research on specific TIEC priority countries
• Conduct TIEC consortium-member research
• Compile specific marketing content or TIEC marketing material
• Research U.S. Embassy priorities per focus country
• Assist in identifying new business opportunities for TIEC
• Knowledge of U.S. Government grant processes and procedures
• Interpersonal and communication skills
• Problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills
• Experience with developing a range of communications materials
• Understanding of the higher education landscape
• Project management and coordination skills
• Tailoring outreach efforts to target audiences
• Knowledge of non-profit policies and practices
• Presentation and public speaking skills
What experiences make you a good fit for this position:
• You have taken courses in the following subject areas: business, economics, statistics, international relations, political science, area studies, public affairs, government, communications, and/or marketing (required);
• You have experience using Excel/Google Sheets (required);
• You have experience conducting research and synthesizing ideas into a deliverable such as a memo, report, paper, or presentation (required);
• You have experience writing proposals or applying for funding (preferred);
• You have successfully contributed to a team in completing a project or assignment (preferred); and
• You have experience organizing events including preparing the budget, arranging logistics, working with vendors, and/or marketing the event (preferred).
• You are passionate about advancing social equity through education and internationalization;
• You are detail-oriented and your deliverables are accurate and complete;
• You enjoy conducting research and analyzing information for insights;
• You can handle a variety of tasks at the same time and communicate with your supervisor if an assignment doesn’t make sense;
• You are comfortable with your priorities changing if given an urgent task; and
• You learn quickly and work effectively with Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook), Google suite apps (i.e. Docs, Sheets, Slides), and Airtable.
• TIEC asks for a commitment of 12 hours/week for 12 weeks
• TIEC is a certified work site for UT Austin work-study
• Non-work-study interns who receive course credit receive a stipend of $750 for successfully completing their full internship, a certificate of completion and a letter of recommendation
• Non-work-study interns who do not receive course credit receive a stipend of $1,250 for successfully completing their full internship, a certificate of completion and a letter of recommendation
• TIEC asks for a commitment of 24-32 hours a week for eight weeks
• For those receiving course credit, TIEC will offer a stipend of $1,500-$2,000, depending on the schedule completed, and a certificate of completion as well as a letter of recommendation
• For those not receiving course credit, TIEC will offer a stipend of $2,000-$2,600, depending on the schedule completed, and a certificate of completion as well as a letter of recommendation
TIEC encourages students to apply who are looking for academic credit for internships.
How to Apply:
To apply, email TIECSearch@TIEC.org with the subject “Global Partnerships Development Internship.” Include a resume with a list of relevant courses and a recent work sample, such as a research paper, project report, or spreadsheet with financial/statistical analysis. Please include references, as available.