TIEC Virtual Exchange Network
No international counterpart lined up? TIEC can help with that too.
The TIEC Virtual Exchange Network specializes in connecting faculty with educators around the world, breaking down barriers, and fostering cross-cultural collaboration. Our online platform enables faculty and students to engage in meaningful, facilitated, low-cost collaborative experiences with peers from other countries. Join us to enhance your international engagement efforts and provide transformative global learning experiences!
Our network assists in introducing faculty and students to an interconnected world, engaging them in project-based learning and experiential learning opportunities. These experiences help develop their professional skills, global digital literacy, cultural appreciation, intercultural collaboration, and international student engagement.
TIEC’s communication-driven learning management platform, designed specifically for virtual exchange, enables faculty pairs and their students to communicate, coordinate, and execute program objectives. Through this user-friendly interface, faculty can design and implement immersive virtual exchange programs, effortlessly connecting their students with peers from diverse cultural backgrounds.
TIEC’s Virtual Exchange Network is open to any higher education institution around the world. Unlock a world of possibilities for five esteemed faculty for just $5,000/annually.
TIEC Virtual Exchange Network Benefits for Faculty
- Connection to our vibrant community of like-minded educators
- Support and activities for COIL teaching-partner matching
- Best practices exchange and inspiration from a wealth of resources to ensure continuous professional development and growth in VE
- Access to our expert-led training sessions which cover various aspects of VE program design, implementation, and facilitation
- Unparalleled opportunities to collaborate within our extensive network
- Meaningful partnerships to expand an institution’s global reach and offer students unparalleled educational experiences
- Understanding of the fundamentals of the Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL) model for virtual exchange
- Use of our secure platform to conduct virtual exchange programs
- Prestigious certificate upon successful completion
COIL MODEL FUNDAMENTALS
Identify the fundamentals of the Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL) model for virtual exchange.
Apply appropriate student learning and success outcomes and tools for evaluation.
Collaborate with an international partner to design VE modules.
COMMUNITY OF PRACTICE
Join an active community of practice of faculty across Texas and the world.
Investigate various technology options through targeted sessions and ongoing coaching.
How Does VE Benefit Students?
- Active engagement in global issues and initiatives
- Deeper international understanding and appreciation
- Experience communicating in a global environment, across distance, language, and cultural barriers
- Experience with international team communication and accomplishment
- Enhanced problem-solving and critical-thinking skills