“Successful partnerships are built on complementary goals and academic objectives. That can be hard to find. TIEC does a deep analysis to make the best match for our members and our clients.”
— Robin J. Lerner, JD, TIEC President & CEO
As a Texas-based member of TIEC, initiating relationships with other Texas and international member universities will be significantly simplified. Your university will have numerous opportunities to participate in important conversations, capacity-building trainings, and networking events. You will become part of a strong and supportive global network and will be exposed to new opportunities that would otherwise require substantial financial and human resources.
Our consortium consists of more than 40 universities, based either in Texas or outside of the United States. As a network, TIEC offers our members global connections that advance international strategies, build programmatic capacity, increase student mobility, and enhance global engagement to complement and strengthen comprehensive internationalization efforts. Texas universities together are a powerhouse, and TIEC believes in the cross-sharing of ideas and information among all of our member organizations.
Joining TIEC as an Affiliate Member Means:
- Access to a ready-made network of peers and counterparts across Texas and globally
- Continual opportunities to join TIEC-led programs and projects
- Use of a global database of faculty, administrators, and institutions accessible for TIEC members seeking student mobility, research, recruitment, academic and other partnerships
- Trainings and events created specifically for members
- Representation on TIEC’s Operating Council, an advisory body comprised of senior international officers from member institutions
- Promotion of your university on website, directory, and social media
- Eligibility for participation in our Texas International Education Fund that was developed exclusively for members to tap into additional financial resources to help increase internationalization. TIEC provides up to $150,000 in direct funding for faculty/staff from member institutions to support study abroad program development, internationalization capacity building, and Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL).
TIEC’s comprehensive capabilities stem from more than 30 years of experience designing and operating international programs in Texas, and with universities, schools, and governments around the world. The TIEC Board of Directors is comprised of several of our university presidents, who provide vital support to TIEC projects and access to university resources.
This advances their campuses’ international strategies, builds capacity, increases student mobility, and enhances global engagement that complements and strengthens comprehensive internationalization efforts at their institutions.
Our consortium is well known for guiding new accreditation applications; creating new degree programs; updating and upgrading curricula; providing innovation and best practices to established universities; and mapping, planning, and executing new university designs for investors and government institutions.
TIEC is looking forward to welcoming new members to our consortium as we expand international education by facilitating and fostering lasting relationships between Texas and partners around the world toward building educational access, economic opportunity, institutional capacity, and professional development for those we serve and include.
MEMBERSHIP PRICE: $1,029.30
MEMBERSHIP LENGTH: 1 YEAR
If you’re interested in TIEC membership, please contact us here. We will follow up to discuss how your university can become a member.
(Note: For universities outside of the U.S., please refer to our affiliate membership here.)
TIEC MEMBER TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY’S ENERGY INSTITUTE PRESENTS AT UNITED NATIONS COP27 CLIMATE AND ENERGY IMPACT SHOWCASE IN EGYPT
As a direct result of their TIEC membership, Texas A&M University joined affiliate members Badr University in Cairo and Galala University, along with three other Egyptian Universities, for a Climate and Energy Impact and Showcase… read more
SIX TIEC MEMBERS JOIN TIEC’S INAUGURAL BOOTH AT NAFSA’S ANNUAL CONFERENCE & EXPO, THE WORLD’S LARGEST INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION EVENT
Six TIEC members joined forces at TIEC’s Texas booth to collectively represent their institutions at NAFSA’s 2022 Annual Conference & Expo “Building Our Sustainable Future” May 31-June 3, 2022 in Denver, Colorado… read more